时事

英语小教室

《雷神3:诸神黄昏·Thor: Ragnarok》是近期的热门话题电影。这次美国超级英雄之一——雷神的回归与以往不同,不仅短发造型更显俊俏,也展现了爱搞笑的一面。电影中幽默的呈现方式与讲述阿斯嘉文明的尽头、雷神家乡的毁灭形成了很大对比,以喜剧的方式讲述一场悲剧,看来观众非常受落。

Thor:Hela, the goddess of death, has invaded Asgard! And you and I had a fight.



死亡女神海拉入侵了阿斯嘉!你和我打了一场架。

Bruce Banner:Did I win?

我赢了吗?

Thor:No, I won! Easily!

没有,我赢!轻而易举。



Bruce Banner:That doesn’t sound right…

那听起来不对……

Thor:Well, it’s true!

是真的!

————————————————————

Thor:We’re the same, you and I. We’re just a couple of hotheaded fools.

你和我,都是一样的。我们只是两个鲁莽的笨蛋。

Hulk:Yes, same. Hulk like fire, Thor like water.

是,一样。浩克像火,雷神像水。

Thor:We’re both like fire.

我们其实都像火。

Hulk:Hulk like raging fire. Thor like smouldering fire.

浩克像是愤怒的狂暴之火。雷神像是闷骚的性感之火。

————————————————————

Thor:We have to stop her here and now, and prevent Ragnarok, the end of everything! So I’m putting together a team.

我们现在必须阻止她,阻止世界毁灭的发生,一切的终结!所以,我正在组织一个团队。

Loki:Like the old days.

就像以前一样。

————————————————————

Dr. Stephen Strange:Thor, I sense a great change in your future. Destiny has dire plans for you, my friend.

雷神,我感觉到你的未来会有很大的改变。命运为你准备了一个可怕的计划,朋友。

Thor:I have dire plans for destiny.

是我为命运准备了一个可怕的计划。

————————————————————

Surtur:Ragnarok can not be stopped, what makes you think you can succeed?

世界毁灭不能被阻止,是什么让你觉得你可以成功?

Thor:Because that’s what heroes do!

因为这是英雄所做的事!

————————————————————

Thor:My father once said,“A wise man never seeks out war…”

我的父亲曾说:“智者从不引发战争……”

Hela:“But he must always be ready for it!”

“但他必须随时作好战争的准备!”

反应

 

时事

英语小教室

美国《时代·Time》周刊早前宣布2017年度“风云人物”,并非杰出政治领袖或企业大亨,而是勇敢开腔指控、推动社会不再容忍性侵犯、性骚扰的各国、各界“打破沉默者”。《时代》总编辑提到网络标签“#MeToo”(#我也是)活动,赞扬相关人士在网上发声,促使所有人停止接受不能接受之事。 

Time magazine has named “The Silence Breakers” as its 2017 Person of the Year, recognizing the women (and some men) who came forward with stories of sexual harassment and assault. 



《时代》杂志宣布2017年度的风云人物为“打破沉默者”,赞扬因遭性侵犯和性骚扰而勇敢站出来的女性(以及一些男性)。 

The magazine calls them “the voices that launched a movement.” 

该杂志把她们称为“发起了一场运动的声音”。 

A wave of survivors came forward, some telling wrenching stories of abuse, harassment and rape in public for the first time. 

一众幸存者像浪潮般涌现,一些人首次公开讲述遭性侵、性骚扰和强暴的痛苦经历。 



The hashtag succeeded in showing the world the volume of the problem. 

该网络标签成功让全世界知道问题的严重性。 

“Me Too” had been the mantra of a decade-old fight against sexual abuse before it became a hashtag, and was originally conceived by a woman of color. 

“#MeToo”在成为一个网络标签之前,一直都是反对性虐待的十年斗争之口号,最初是由一名有色人种女子构想的。 

These silence breakers have started a revolution of refusal, gathering strength by the day. 

打破沉默者开始了拒绝的革命行动,一天一天的凝聚力量。

反应
 
 

相关新闻

南洋地产